Wednesday, June 17, 2009

hunt

darkness all round only stars to light the way
wind flowing over and around me
lift my head back to enjoy the sensation
oh how exhilarating the nights can be
feel like shouting out in joy
must be quiet otherwise will be discovered to soon
eyes focus and scan the surrounding brush
nose flares as the familiar scent of the prey is discovered
throw back my head and let the howl brake my throat
the hunt is on as i crash into the undergrowth after my prey
no pack to run with but never truly alone
the night is my companion always with its moon and its stars
oh how graceful my prey is leaping and lunging this way & that
but all in vain oh though more stimulating is the chase then any
into a clearing we enter against a cliff wall
i begin to shift my form as i approach her slowly
the doe is frighten but excited and the scent is to intoxicating
she wants this as much as i do
mouth pulls back into a ferocious grin of triumph
her back is pressed against the wall breast heaving
i take her into my arms and press my face into her neck
her arms wrap around me bringing me in close
oh the fun we will have this night.

No comments:

Post a Comment